Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Little Test Knitting

I have a really good "internet" pal, Alli Barrett of Knitwits Alley and also Knitwits Heaven . If you're looking for some really nice and cute designs, these are the first places you should look! Anyway, Alli asked me to do a little test knitting for her which I was delighted to do. She knows I'm a huge fan of the Olympics and unlike most people, I prefer the Summer Olympics, so when she sent me this cloth, I couldn't resist. I did it in red and yellow since the Olympics were held in China. Alli shows this cloth in a solid color on her website which looks really nice too.

The second knit was a Water Lily cloth which I did in Apple Green. I love this color from Peaches & Creme. I think I'd like a whole sweater out of it, if it wasn't so heavy! Anyway, I thought this was a lovely design and the cloth already has a home. My son and daughter-in-law have water lillies in their backyard pond, so it seemed appropriate that they should have it.

The last cloth is a Shih Tzu. Alli has a new baby named "Frodo" and she designed this in honor of him. I had originally intended to give it to my mom so she could give it to a relative who has two Shih Tzus, but Alli told me she gave her cloth away, so I sent it to her so she could have one for herself. Of course, that means that I have to knit it again. Next time, I think I'll do it in a Silver Gray, either way it is a really cute cloth.

Thanks Alli for letting me be your test knitter! She has a couple of new designs in the Dishcloth Calendar (click on the link on the right hand side) that is coming out very soon. Next, I think I'll post a sneak peek at one of the designs I have in the same calendar!! Maybe tomorrow....

2 comments:

mle said...

i haven't adequately thanked you enough for the lily pad cloth. we love it, and it's actually a really good size for dishes.

Alli's Little World of Knitting! said...

Thank you so much Elaine!! For being a GREAT FRIEND and for test knitting for me. You do such a lovely job and your picture taking skills are FABULOUS! I wish I could mail all of my stuff to you for a photo shoot! Giggles

Hugs
Alli