Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Calendar Day!

Today is the day that the official 2011 Dishcloth Calendar goes on sale. You can find all the ordering information by either going directly to the site http://www.dishclothcalendar.com/ or by clicking on the picture of the calendar's cover to the right in my sidebar.

I thought today would be a good day to post my two other designs that are in the calendar. The first is a horse, which I call "Pete" after a horse from my childhood. He lived right across the street from my grandparents and I can remember tiptoeing carefully to his stable to get a glimpse of him. I had a bad experience with a horse (well, actually a pony) when I was a child and since then, I've always been a little afraid of horses. I like to look at them from a distance!
I guess I could never have lived in the Old West. Patting a horse's nose is as close as I care to get! The cloth is knitted in Peaches & Creme Army Tan and the bib is done in Camel.
The second design is a lamb which I call "Eleanor" after my great aunt. She was a great aunt too! I don't think I've ever known anyone who was as gifted in needlework as she was. Her work was even featured on the Today Show years ago. I always loved to visit her and see whatever new project was in her basket.

Rug hooking, smocking, needlepoint, or counted cross stitch, you name it. If it involved a hook or a needle, she could do it. The only thing that I never remember her doing was knitting. I wish I had asked her why, but at the time, I was just fascinated with all her other skills. Why name this cloth after her? Well, her last name was "Lamb" and she had quite a collection of them!
My grandmother was the knitter. She's the one who taught me when I was only six and then gave me repeated refresher courses as I grew older. I have her original mitten pattern that I now use to knit mittens for my own grandchildren. Here's a picture of a little knitted coat that she made. I'm told it was a pretty shade of green. My favorite color!

As you can see, it's an old picture...... as is the the model. Me!
In any event, I hope that if you do purchase the calendar, you'll enjoy it. This time around it also includes some recipes, all in keeping with the country theme.
In parting, I want to share a photo that Denise, a wonderful test knitter and all around nice person, took. These are all three of the bibs that she test knit for the calendar. I'm sure you'll all agree that she is one talented knitter!
Don't you just love that purple cow?

5 comments:

Kathy... said...

I love them ALL.... as do I love this post. So nice!

mle said...

they look great, mom! i hope you're proud, even if you won't admit it. ;)

Deb said...

Wonderful patterns! So cute! So if I order the calendar, I can these patterns? I love the lamb & the pony! What an adorable photo from your childhood.

Anonymous said...

I just got my calendar and love it! It includes sooo much more than I expected!

Thank you for all your hard work in helping to get this together!

Lynda B.

thequeenandme2 said...

Hello! Love your designs. I'm a grandma for the first time and I want to make a blanket of your patterns for my soon to be grandson. He's going to be a cowboy, so we need some farm animals. :) Do you have the patterns for Pete the horse and Eleanor the sheep? Thank you so much!