Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sheep in the Meadow

I thought I would share a little soaker I made for the new little granddaughter (due date is this Thursday!!).  I used just a basic soaker pattern like the free Snapdragon one and did my own thing!















The yarn is some Cascade 220 that I had in my stash.  I'm not sure how I ended up with the pink but there it was!   As you can see, I knit part way down and then switched to a pretty green to finish it off.  The lambs were duplicate stitched after it was done.















I couldn't resist adding one black sheep, or in this case, gray sheep, going the opposite way on the backside.  I randomly embroidered the little flowers with lazy daisy stitches for the leaves and french knots for the blossoms.  I also embroidered french knots for the sheeps' bodies, just to make them look woolly.















I'll post the chart for the lambs in the sidebar under "Miscellaneous" for anyone who might like it.  The pattern repeats over 12 stitches, so you may have to add or subtract extra stitches to space the sheep out on your project.  I think they'd look really cute along the base of a sweater too!  Or you could knit some mittens and have a little lamb on each mitten facing each other.  Lots of possibilities.  Wish I had lots of time to explore them all!

6 comments:

CarpeDyem said...

That is a really gorgeous soaker! I might have to have a bit of a play with the size to make for my 17month daughter. Thank you for sharing - they are delightful!

Aussie Maria said...

So very cute!

Jean said...

The little lambs wool soaker is absolutely adorable! It'll be so cute and feminine on your new grand daughter.

Mimi said...

Cutest thing ever!

Husmorspira said...

Love this one!

JustMe said...

Where is the pattern please?